PRECON CLASS $49
Hosted by Doc List
Friday, February 21
8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Learning lighting and timing when working with dancers is as much art as science. Capturing an image of a dancer in flight, or while dancing, or even when doing their favorite pose requires the ability to set the lights and anticipate their movements.
In this workshop, you will not only learn these things by listening and watching, but you will also learn by doing. A large percentage of the time will be spent in guided practice, as well as all of us having the opportunity to view and critique each other’s images (lovingly and supportively, of course).
* Be able to explain lighting for dancers
* Be able to anticipate a dancer’s movements to get the best shot
* Have the ability to communicate effectively with dancers while photographing them
* Create an enjoyable experience for your subjects
* Have the ability to properly compose your images
Meet Doc List
Doc List loves photographing people, and enjoys creating something that never existed before. He spends a LOT of time in Photoshop, learning and playing and exploring new ways of doing things. He has entered composites in competition, and gotten a merit or two along the way. Mostly, though, he has a passion for creating composites that are believable.