PPANM is an affiliate of PPA, the Professional Photographers of America, one of the oldest professional organizations in the US. You can become a member of one and not the other, but there are many benefits to membership in both organizations.
Your PPANM membership includes discounted admission to:
- PPANM Annual Convention – The annual convention features two to three nationally renowned speakers sharing their expertise on photography related topics. The PPANM convention includes a print competition, with awards given to top scoring prints.
- Social events are a big part of the convention, and there are plenty of those too!
- Workshops – PPANM also produces powerful, hands-on, one or two-day workshops to help you keep your skills sharp and your business on the cutting edge.
- Safaris – From time to time, PPANM offers safaris and destination workshops to exciting locations throughout New Mexico and beyond. The guided workshops feature education with fun and fellowship.
- “Member Mentors” Workshops – These one-day workshops take place in June and July and are taught by PPANM members who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with others to help you improve your skills, grow your business and build the sense of community with PPANM.
PPANM offers four membership categories:
Active Member – $85 per year. Persons earning a portion of their livelihood from photography are eligible for active status.
Associate Member – $50 per year. Persons who are employees, associates, or family members of an active member qualify as associate members
Sustaining Member – $100 per year. Individuals or businesses who manufacture or sell wholesale photo equipment.
Student Member – $35 per year. Student members are those who are enrolled in the academic study of photography in an accredited institution.
To become a member of PPANM, please click here.