Saturday, February 22
8am to Noon
Getting Started with Light Modifiers!
Hosted by Guy T. Phillips, Cr., CPP
Gain confidence with hands-on, while you learn the advantages of each. We’ll review Natural Light, Speedlight, Constant Light and Studio Flash modifiers, and learn the when and why to choose the right method.
This class provides a complete hands-on experience as you learn to work with:
- Diffuser / Reflectors
- Shoot – Through, White Reflective, Silver Reflective Umbrellas
- Strip Softboxes
- Square Softboxes
- Octobox and Parabolic
- Light Stands, Big and Small
After this class, you’ll be more able to:
- Identify the pros and cons of many of the most popular light modifiers
- Make better buying decisions on light modifiers to stay on budget
- Adjust your camera and light settings based on your choices
- Quickly choose the best light modifiers for your clients
- Understand common setups to make your client look their best!
Meet Guy T. Phillips
Guy T’s enthusiasm for helping you will shine through in this class! As a DPPA, TPPA and PPA member, he wants to share his knowledge and give back! Guy T is known throughout the U.S. for his “entertaining” style of corporate-level training that will help you stay engaged throughout the session.
Be prepared to have fun and laugh while you learn the things you didn’t pick up from a manual or an online video! Guy T is a native Texan (San Antonio born and Hill Country-raised), and a long-time resident of Highland Village.
His usual, unbiased description of his wife is “She is still the most beautiful woman I have ever met and the best friend I could ever ask for”, and he is equally proud of his “greatest daughter in the world”!