The 2022 edition of the Annual PPANM Photographic Competition has undergone some changes in the rules and awards. Here are the important highlights:
- New for 2022: Photographic Open competition now to allows images that have additional elements not created by the maker. Please note: all elements NOT created by the maker must be shown in a guide image.
- New for 2022: PPANM has added a Reportage/Photo Journalism category – These include images that illustrate an actual public or non-public event, life, an area of human interest, telling news that have meaning on the context or record of events, high impact and/or lasting emotional response. Images that illustrate sporting events are included in this category. ONLY basic color and brightness adjustments, cropping, dodging, and burning in are allowed. Only single-capture images will be accepted. Composite and multiple exposure images will not be accepted. The original captured image (in RAW or jpg) must be available if requested by the committee.
- New for 2022: Entries of the same subject in multiple images will be allowed, as long as the images are entirely different. (Background, location, clothing, and concept).
- New for 2022: Entrants can now enter a maximum of eight entries in any combination of Photographic Open, Artist or Album entries into the competition as a single case.
- New for 2022: Following the lead of PPA, PPANM is proud to add a new Wedding Competition for images created at an actual wedding.
Multiple Albums may be entered: In the past, we only allowed one album entry, but we are now allowing multiple albums to be entered. Each album will count as “one entry” in a digital “case”. A “case” may contain up to eight entries.
PPANM has three competitions which include the Photographic Open category, the Master Artist category and the Wedding Category. Entrants can now enter a maximum of eight entries in any combination of Photographic Open, Artist or Album entries into the competition as a single case.
The Photographic Open category serve those who compete with prints or digital files created by traditional photographic processes as well as those captured electronically with a digital camera or scanner.
The Master Artist category serves those who compete with their skills in the PPA Master Artist Category using prints or digital files. This creates the opportunity for Artist images to be judged separately from the Photographic Open category.
The Wedding Competition serves those who compete with images created under the confines of an actual wedding.
The maximum number of entries in a case has changed from five to eight. This will give members a chance to gain feedback on additional images and to compete for newly created awards. A maximum of eight entries in any combination of Photographic Open, Artist or Album entries be submitted into the competition in a single case.
New Recorded Critiques
You can now order a recorded judge’s critique for $10 per image requested. This is a great way to get personal feedback for your images.